God is moving in the world and the people of Community UCC are finding new ways to serve, to learn, to worship, and to support one another. We embrace new opportunities for ministry, gathering online, on-campus, and both.
We are a connected congregation, united by the love of Christ. We show that love for one another by following the science and adapting our on-campus event guidelines as the situation changes. You can find out more here.
Beginning August 15, 2021, we will worship both on-campus and on Zoom.
Prefer to worship online? Request the Zoom information, here
Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19? Join us for worship on campus! Register here
To keep them healthy, children under 12 worship in Sunday School. Teachers and children wear masks.
A few guidelines to keep everyone safe
- We encourage everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated.
- We encourage that only vaccinated people enter the sanctuary. We understand that children under 12 are unable to be vaccinated at this time; therefore, we are expanding our Sunday school programming for the full hour of worship 10:30-11:30am. All children participating in SS will be required to wear masks. Anne Bailey is excited to welcome the kids back in person! She has lots of activities planned both indoors and outdoors when weather permits.
- We will have a Zoom/ hybrid option for those who are not comfortable returning to the sanctuary.
- Masks are required in worship. If you don’t have one when you arrive, you will be given a mask along with your worship bulletin.
- There will be no congregational singing; however, our fully vaccinated choir will sing our hymns.
- We ask that everyone use the hand sanitizer located at each entrance.
- When possible, please maintain a social distance of three feet or more.
- We will require registration ahead of time. Right now, we feel comfortable with 45 family units, or a max of 60 people, based on the measurements we took. These numbers could change. Registration will take place on our website and be included in our weekly eNews. Jeff Cole will manage registration.
- After worship, our fellowship with refreshments will take place outside when weather permits. Masks are not required for outdoor gatherings.
- If you are sick, or any member of your household is sick, please stay home.
- All volunteers working with children will be fully masked and vaccinated, that includes our nursery workers.
- We will not pass the offering plate. A basket will be left at the back of the sanctuary so that people can drop their donations there. We also encourage giving online or texting.
- The doors to the sanctuary will be left open at all times to increase airflow and ventilation.
- For communion, we will put bread and juice in individual disposable cups. There will be no distribution from the deacons or pastor.
A word about children and youth during COVID-19
Would you like to attend an event at CUCC?
Fill out the form below for more information or for Zoom links for online events.