Order your share of the fall Farm to Church CSA. Sign up begins January 6.
Our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) relationship with Ken Daniel of Singing Stream Farm continues this Spring. Now is the time to order your share or half share of produce. You can place your order by clicking here*. Spring deliveries will begin ~ April 1 and run 8 weeks.
I am truly honored to be part of this endeavor which is so much more than food, though I like the food part, too!! We have become a family, sharing concerns, ideas and hands. The Wednesday meetings are moving and much with laughter! Thank you all for your support!!! (Join us Wednesdays if you like. I can send you the Zoom link.)
The Farm to Church CSA was formed to enable Wake County churches to front crop money to black farmers, allowing them to make needed investments in their farms and provide fresh, local produce to churches, their members, and their ministries.
Black farmers have trouble accessing traditional markets like farmers markets and stores and have difficulty participating in loan programs that allow them to farm sustainably. The CSA helps with this by providing a steady market for the farmers and by sharing the seasonal risk with them.
CUCC is honored to participate in the Farm to Church CSA as part of our ongoing commitment to racial and environmental justice.
*When and how can I order my share?
Singing Stream Farm is now taking orders online (we are no longer ordering through CUCC or Gary Smith). A full share for a family of four is $250, and a half share is $125. The order window is January 1 through January 21, 2022, and there are a limited number of shares, so order soon. Directions for using the new online order and payment system are below.
How do I use the new online ordering form?
- Click here to access the online order form.
- Select CSA Full Share or CSA Half Share.
- Select Community UCC as your pick-up location, then click the red Add to Cart button.
- Click on the Cart icon; review your selection to make sure it is what you want.
- Proceed to Checkout to fill out the requested information.
- If you select payment by credit card, after you select purchase the system will debit your card for the amount purchased, generate a receipt and email it to you.
- If you select payment by check, the system will give you the mailing address to send the check; make your check payable to “Singing Stream Farm.” You will receive an emailed invoice stating the amount due and, once the check is received, you will receive an emailed receipt.
For more information about the Farm to Church CSA and its work to encourage black farmers or to attend one of the weekly online gatherings, contact Gary Smith email@example.com.
For more information about online ordering, the shares, or Singing Stream Farm’s farming practices, contact Ken Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.