We enjoy hosting community groups. Our buildings are host to community groups holding vigils on our front lawn, educational meetings, fundraising concerts, and mutual support groups. We are hosts to two independent congregations for their weekly worship: Church of the Twelve Apostles and Covenant Community.
Every Lent we begin and end the season with St. Paul’s Christian Church for supper and worship on Ash Wednesday and Maundy Thursday. They have taught us about their community garden and we shared ideas for funding their new solar array.
Community UCC supports these justice organizations and commends them to you as places to contribute your talents and financial support.
- ACLU of NC
- CleanAire NC
- Common Cause North Carolina
- CROP Hunger Walk (Greater Triangle)
- FIGS of Wake County
- Friends of Residents in Long Term Care
- Helen Wright Center and Urban Ministries of Wake County
- InterAct of Wake County
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- League of Women Voters of North Carolina
- LGBT Center of Raleigh
- Loaves & Fishes
- Method Child Development Center
- NC NAACP
- NC Council of Churches
- NC Interfaith Power + Light
- NC Justice Center
- NC Peace Booth
- North Carolinians Against Gun Violence
- Neighbor 2 Neighbor
- Planned Parenthood
- Southern Environmental Law Center
- The Women’s Center
- Walk for Hope (Foundation of Hope)
We are a member of ProgressiveChurches.org.