We enjoy hosting community groups. Our buildings are host to community groups holding vigils on our front lawn, educational meetings, fundraising concerts, and mutual support groups. We look forward to the return (when they are ready) of two independent congregations for their weekly worship: Church of the Twelve Apostles and Covenant Community.
Every Lent we begin and end the season with St. Paul’s Christian Church for supper and worship on Ash Wednesday and Maundy Thursday. They have taught us about their community garden and we shared ideas for funding their new solar array.
Community UCC supports these justice organizations and commends them to you as places to contribute your talents and financial support.
- ACLU of NC
- Campaign Nonviolence NC
- Clean Water for NC
- Common Cause North Carolina
- Congregations for Social Justice
- Creation Justice Network (Southern Conference, UCC)
- CROP Hunger Walk (Greater Triangle)
- Democracy NC
- FIGS of Wake County
- Helen Wright Center and Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Ignite C3 Ministries
- InterAct of Wake County
- Interfaith Creation Care of the Triangle
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- League of Women Voters of Wake County
- Loaves & Fishes
- Love Wins Community Engagement Center
- Method Child Development Center
- NC NAACP
- NC Conservation Network
- NC Council of Churches
- NC Interfaith Power + Light
- NC Justice Center
- Neighbor 2 Neighbor
- Poor People’s Campaign
- The Women’s Center
- Walk for Hope (Foundation of Hope)
We are a member of ProgressiveChurches.org.