We will be beginning our Lenten Study of The Last Week by Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan.
Reading: Preface: The First Passion of Jesus and Chapter One: Palm Sunday.
Focus scripture: Mark 11.1-11.
Focus questions to think about:
1. What was Jesus passionate about? And how is that related to his “suffering” and death?
2. Two processions enter Jerusalem on this day. How were they different?
3. How do Borg & Crossan describe the Roman “domination system”? Why was ownership of land important?
4. For Mark, Jesus’ message is about the Kingdom of God, and the Way to reach it. What is God’s sort of Kingdom?
5. To whom did Jesus talk?
6. What does fellowship with Jesus mean?
The Last Week: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus’s Final Days in Jerusalem, Lenten study is held Sundays, 9:30-10:15AM on Zoom.
If you would like to participate, contact discussion facilitator Bill Lamb at email@example.com or check your Saturday Zoom email.